|The Rule of 7's
By the time a puppy is seven weeks old he or she should have:
- Been on 7 different types of surfaces such as carpet, concrete, wood, vinyl,
grass, dirt, gravel and wood chips.
- Played with 7 different types of objects: big balls, small balls, soft fabric
toys, fuzzy toys, squeaky toys, paper or cardboard items, metal items and
- Been in 7 different locations: front yard, back yard, basement, kitchen,
car, garage, laundry room or bathroom.
- Met and played with 7 new people including children, older adults, tall
people, people with high pitched voices, deep voices, people wearing hats
and people of different races.
- Been exposed to 7 challenges: climb on a box, climb off a box, go through
a tunnel, climb steps, go down steps, climb over obstacles, play hide and
seek, go in and out of a doorway with a step up or down and run around a
- Eaten from 7 different types of containers; metal, plastic, cardboard,
paper, china, pie plate and frying pan
- Eaten in 7 different locations: crate, yard, kitchen, basement, laundry
room, living room and car.